- Kathleen reads fluently at Level 11.
- She has a very good understanding of story meaning and structure.
- She consistently uses known strategies to solve unknown words.
- Kathleen is self monitoring her attempts and makes corrections.
- To continue reading for enjoyment and gain reading mileage.
- Kathleen has a writing vocab of many words, both basic and interest.
- She can articulate unknown words slowly and accurately record the sounds she hears.
- Kathleen uses a capital letter and full stop when writing a sentence.
- She leaves spaces between words.
- To write additional sentences giving more detail.
- Kathleen can recognise and write numbers to 100.
- She confidently uses imaging to solve problems.
- Kathleen can add groups together to 10 and record this number sentence.
- She is able to recognise and name basic shapes.
- Continue with adding using numbers to 20.
- Skip counting by 2, 5 and 10
I was especially pleased with the comment about Kathleen's reading. Basically I think she has gone as far as she can go in that class now, and the teacher is just giving her books to read for enjoyment rather than learning.
And on the subject of Kathleen's reading, she has read to herself, ALL BY HERSELF, three of the Rainbow Fairy books now, and has started the next one. The other night she was reading to herself at bedtime and we forgot to go check on her after 10 minutes. So she just kept reading, and reading, and reading, until she finished the book. That's my girl! Unfortunately that meant it was nearly 10pm by the time she went to sleep. But I love that she loves reading.