04 December 2005

Last Day at Work

Friday was my last day of work. It feels really weird - it's Sunday night now and I ought to be getting up in the morning tomorrow to go to work. But I won't be. It still hasn't fully sunk in yet, I guess I kinda feel like I'm on holiday. Especially with it being summer and Christmas coming up, it's the sort of time one might normally take a holiday anyway. I guess reality will sink in later in the week.

Months ago when I started this Blog I thought this day was so far away. But time keeps marching on and here we are. Six weeks until Nooboo is due. When I handed in my notice at work three (or more?) months ago I really thought Peter would have found a job in Wellington by now. In fact I half expected him to move down there before I did. He had a formal interview in Wellington this week for a job that he was shortlisted for, but haven't heard anything yet. We'll see.

I had a good last day at work. Tess and Phil ensured that we had a great morning tea sendoff. And I got phone calls from friends all around the country, which was great. I worked really hard last week to get everything done in time, and felt good walking out for the last time knowing that Kathryn my replacement knows everything she needs to know, and that Phase II of the project I'd been working on is finished. Phase III has been scoped and signed off but not delivered, so that is a shame, but I'm sure Kathryn can handle it from here.

This coming week I've got heaps of things to do. I've got to start shopping for stuff for Nooboo (clothes, furniture, etc). Then there's Christmas shopping to do, and heaps of work around the house that needs doing. So I'd say I'm going to be kept pretty busy. I'm sure it'll take me a while to get into a routine and once Nooboo arrives everything will turn upside down anyway.

Attached is a photo of me taken today, 34 weeks pregnant. It's not actually a lot different from the last photo, at 28 weeks.

No comments: