04 June 2008

Potty Training Part II

I think I may have made a big mistake with Kathleen's potty training. She's been refusing to use the potty and I have slipped into the habit of asking her if she wanted to wear nappies or knickers each morning, rather than get into a fight about using the potty and scaring her off it. Lately she chooses nappies every time. On the few occasions recently when she has worn knickers, I think she has forgotten she's not wearing nappies and has had accidents. All this has not been helped by a suspected urine infection last week.

So I'm wondering if she's still not ready and I should just give up and go back to nappies full time, or if I should persevere and stop offering the nappy option. Obviously using both is not working.

The other complicating factor is that Kathleen is wearing cloth nappies designed for 7-14kgs. She's only about 13kg and they fit her fine. But Victoria is nearing, if not already at, 7kg and needs to be wearing the large size now too. It's great that Victoria has been able to reuse all of Kathleen's old cloth nappies, but not so easy now that they're in the same size range. Especially given how many Vicky is going through each day. I am so sick of doing laundry!!!

-Megz

No comments: