29 August 2006

Overseas Trips

It has been 10 years since I did my big OE - three months backpacking around Europe by myself. It's so hard to believe that it's been 10 years. I've been reading my travel diary and I can just picture everything so clearly. It was one of the best things I've ever done. Unfortunately I did the trip in the not-quite-digital-yet age, so have no digital photos or electronic blog. One of these days I'll get around to scanning everything. One cool thing though is that I've recently managed to make contact again with someone I met while I was travelling. The internet is great for finding people you've lost contact with.

It's also the anniversary of another big overseas trip I took. Three years ago I took the month of August off work and went around the world visiting friends in the USA, England and Russia. For the past month I've slowly been uploading the photos to Flickr, for no other reason than they hadn't been uploaded yet.

At the same time I've also transferred my travel blog from Geocities to Blogger. My travel blog from Peter and my trip to Europe in 2004 has also been transferred across.

It's nice to look back and remember when I was young and free. We won't be doing that sort of thing again for a long, long time...

-Megz

No comments: