05 January 2010

New Years Resolutions

Well another year over and time to review one's Resolutions from last year and to make new ones for the new year. I don't think I did too badly last year. It's been helpful to put my resolutions out publicly (even if nobody reads it) because I feel more pressure on myself to achieve them.

So here are my resolutions from last year:

1. Blog more often. At least once a month on this blog, and once a week on my farming blog. Plus help Kathleen and Victoria to blog once a month too.
Well, I started off pretty well but it got worse as the year went on. I managed to keep my farm blog updated once a week, but the monthly updates for the other blogs slipped to two-months then three-months then more. The only time I have available for blogging is in the evenings after the girls are in bed. Initially the updates fell behind because it was winter and the winter was cold, and I just wanted to get into a warm bed at night rather than sit up on the computer. Plus we weren't doing anything very interesting over winter. And then in September we started watching LOST again. With the next and final season beginning in February, I suggested we re-watch seasons 1-5 to refresh our memories of what had happened before. It's a very complicated show and things made so much more sense the second time around, knowing what we'd learnt in subsequent seasons. I fully hope season 6 will wrap up all the remaining loose ends. However, what this has meant is that 5 or 6 nights a week we have been watching an episode of LOST rather than doing other things, such as blogging. And for all that we're still only partway through season 4. It's not looking likely that we'll finish season 5 before season 6 starts on Feburary 2nd.

2. Find more time for myself to relax, play Sims, read, etc.
See previous answer. I started off the year well but as time has gone have slipped to the point where I again have very little time for myself. Peter has helped and we now make sure each other has one night off a week and one day a month, although things have been so busy over Christmas that even that has slipped a little.

3. Toilet train Kathleen at night.
Done. Starting 1st January last year Kathleen stopped wearing nappies at night. She has the occasional accident but has been pretty good.

4. Complete the women’s triathlon in Palmerston North on the 24th of January.
Done. And I'd like to do it again this year too. But I've been putting it off a bit. Not sure we can afford the $50 entry fee at the moment.

My resolutions for this year are pretty similar to last year:

1. Blog at least once a month.

2. Find more time for myself to relax, play Sims, read, etc. Once we've caught up on LOST of course.

3. Toilet train Victoria. She's been using the potty on and off for many months now and knows what to do with it. With Kathleen I eventually had to just take the plunge and put her in knickers. I suspect I'll have to do the same with Vicky too. I'm just not quite sure either she or I are ready for it yet.

4. Complete the women’s triathlon in Palmerston North at the end of February.

5. Finish going through my Norfolk Island photos. Upload them to Flickr. Write a blog about my holiday.

So let's see how I go this year.

-Megz

No comments: